A custom duty calculator serves as a valuable tool for estimating the overall cost of importing a car. It considers key factors such as the current exchange rate, the car’s manufacturing year, engine size (cc), and the date on which customs duty is paid. By inputting these details by import policies, users can receive a rough estimate of the customs duty.
It’s important to keep in mind that fluctuations in the dollar rate can impact the duty amount, leading to variations in the final calculated value. Consequently, the results provided by a custom duty calculator should be viewed as approximate values rather than precise figures. This allows for flexibility to accommodate potential discrepancies arising from changes in currency rates over time.
Pak Import Tax Calculator
For more information, visit the official website of FBR.
What Are Car Import Custom Duties And Taxes in Pakistan
- Customs Duty: This amounts to 10% of the CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight) value of the vehicle.
- Sales Tax: Calculated at 15% of the CIF value of the vehicle.
- Additional Customs Duty: For vehicles with an engine displacement of 1001cc or more, an extra 5% of the CIF value is applied.
- Excise Duty: This duty stands at 10% of the CIF value of the vehicle.
- Registration Fee: For cars, there is a fixed fee of Rs. 10,000, and for motorcycles, it is Rs. 5,000.
Hi there! My name is Kashif Hussain, the lead author of PakDrive. I am a huge car enthusiast and avid traveller. I have a deep passion for exploring the world and experiencing new cultures, and I love nothing more than hitting the open road and discovering new adventures behind the wheel of my favourite car. Whether I’m cruising down a winding mountain road or speeding down the highway, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of the wind and the purr of the engine beneath me. I hope to share my love of cars and travel with all of you through my writing, and I can’t wait to see where the road takes us next.”